Intern in Leinster House
I wish to advertise for an intern position in my office in Leinster House for a period of two weeks. The position will involve supporting the existing team in the areas of research, administration and general office duties and will be opportunity for a graduate or student to gain some experience in the workings of the Irish Houses of Parliament.
The position will be for a period of two weeks commencing the 29th of November. The hours of work will be from 10a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of both weeks. An extension of a further two days is available if required by the successful applicant, there will be no remuneration
· An interest in politics and current affairs
· Working knowledge of public policy, legalisation and the political environment
· Good organisation skills
· Working knowledge of Excel, Word and the Internet
· Ability to think and work independently and creatively
· Accurate and thorough approach to tasks
· Have or are currently obtaining a degree in a relevant area
· Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
Email your CV and any supporting documentation to email@example.com on or before 530pm on the 24th of November. Please state clearly “Intern Position” in the subject line of your email application. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview on Friday November 25th at the Houses of the Oireachtas.