I wish to advertise for an intern position in my offices in Leinster House and Malahide for a period of three months. The position will involve supporting the existing team in the areas of research, administration and general office duties. This will be an opportunity for a graduate or third level student to gain some experience in the workings of the Irish Houses of Parliament.
The position will be for a period of three months commencing on the 27th of March. The hours of work will be from 10a.m. until 4 p.m. This is a voluntary position; however some travel costs will be covered. Hours of placement in Leinster House are not fixed and can be worked to accommodate the successful applicant.
• An interest in politics and current affairs
• Working knowledge of public policy, legislation and the political environment
• Good organisation skills
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word and the Internet
• Ability to think and work independently and creatively
• Accurate and thorough approach to tasks
• Have or are currently obtaining a degree in a relevant area
• Excellent communication skills
How to apply:
Email your CV and any supporting documentation to email@example.com on or before March 9th. Please state clearly “Intern Position” in the subject line of your email application. Successful applicants will be contacted in advance of an interview on the morning of March 13th at the Houses of the Oireachtas.