Below is a notification from Fingal County Council regarding water supply to the Fingal Area.
Water Supply Fingal Area
Wednesday 7th December 2010
Water consumption in Fingal and the rest of the Dublin Region has increased considerably in the past week. The water supply in Fingal County Council’s principal water reservoir at Ballycoolin is falling due to the increased demand on the water supply network during this cold spell of weather.
As the reservoir levels continue to fall, we will now have to switch off supplies to selected areas on a rota basis from 7pm to 7am.
Tuesday 7th December 2010:
Bayside, Balbriggan, Baldoyle, Stapolin and Lanesborough area
Wednesday 8th December 2010:
Malahide Village and Surround, Portmarnock, Foxwood, Seabury, Waterside and Longlands
Thursday 9th December 2010:
Boroimhe, Airside, Holywell, Pinnock Hill, Nevinstown, Drynam and Skerries
We are appealing to consumers to conserve water and not to waste water during this current cold spell. We are also appealing to consumers in the faming community not to leave water running continually at water troughs, as this will waste water.
Tips for conserving water in the home
· Be leak free – Check for running overflows and fix any dripping taps, cisterns or pipes. If you see a leak in a public place, please report it to Fingal County Council
· Only run your washing machine and dishwasher when they’re full
· Don’t leave the tap running while brushing your teeth
· Use a basin to rinse/clean your fruit and vegetables
· Reduce the time you spend in the shower
· Know how to turn off your water supply in the event of a pipe burst
· Hot Drinks – only fill the kettle with enough water for your needs
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and we appreciate your co-operation and patience at this time
Water is precious. Let’s conserve it. – Tá uisce luachmhar. Caomhnaímís é.