This position will be located in my office in Leinster House. The position will involve the support of existing personnel in the areas of research, administration and general office duties. This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or third level student to gain some experience in the workings of the Irish Houses of Parliament in the run up to and following Budget 2014.
The position will commence on October 1st and will be for no fixed duration but will not exceed eleven weeks. The hours of work will be from 10a.m. until 4 p.m; Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. This is a voluntary position; however some travel costs will be covered. Hours of placement in Leinster House are not fixed and can be adjusted to accommodate the successful applicant.
• A keen interest in politics and current affairs
• Working knowledge of public policy, law, legislation and the political environment
• Strong organisational skills
• A working knowledge of Excel, Word and the Internet
• the ability to think and work independently and creatively
• attention to detail
• a degree in a relevant qualification
• Excellent presentation & communication skills
How to apply:
Please email your CV and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Wednesday, September 25th 2013. Please state clearly “Intern Position” in the subject line of your email application. Successful applicants will be contacted in advance of an interview on the afternoon of September 26th at Leinster House.